Many leaders and emerging leaders have their roots in the operational function of the business. Despite many years experience in their specialism, including perhaps managing time, tasks and people, they are now challenged to move to a more strategic role. Primeast will help leaders look at the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to make this change.
Switching from an operational mode of working to a tactical or strategic approach can be a challenging, alien experience. We challenge leaders to reassess their thinking and really examine the strategic direction in which they wish to move their organisation/division/ department.
- Leaders who look to the future as well as dealing with current business or organisational issues.
- Leaders who create alignment.
- Leaders who look beyond their areas of control at the impact of their strategies.
- Leaders who are able to steer the direction of the organisation in addition to driving excellence.
- Leaders who focus on the way forward and the ‘big picture’, and do not become absorbed by operational issues.
- Values and beliefs
- Understanding what drives leaders to make the decisions they make.
- Knowing how to moderate extreme values to align with the company values.
- Managing mindsets
- Knowing how mindsets can impact on thinking and decision making.
- Helping to shift negative mindsets and creating a culture of positive belief.
- Strategic diagnostics
- Interpreting the data.
- Allowing managers to see the bigger picture and truly understand how the detailed jigsaw is put together.
- Seeing the ‘big picture’.
- Asking the right questions.
- Using PrimeFocus big picture map.
- Tools and techniques for:
- Research and information gathering.
- Analysis of information.
- Decision making.
- Creative problem solving.
- Goal setting and timelines.
- Strategy vs. implementation.
To find out more, contact our offices directly, or email