As a coaching professional, supervision is a robust method of enabling you to reflect, explore and adopt new ways of working with those you coach. It is your route to improving your skills, deepening your understanding, and strengthening the service you provide.
Acknowledged by coaching professionals as best practice, accrediting bodies have recognised the benefit of supervision and adopted it as an integral part of achieving the standard required for accreditation.
The Primeast coaching supervision service gives you access to another skilled professional to be your ‘sounding board’ for planned coaching sessions, helping you to gain from your combined insights. You and your coaching supervisor will explore imaginative ways of working with those you coach, increasing your ability to deal with issues which arise ‘in the moment’, and helping you to work through underlying issues that emerge. Good supervision is about maintaining standards and ensuring ethical practice, which has a proven benefit to you as coach, your coachee, and his/her organisation.
Benefits for you, the coach
- Builds your key strengths as a coaching practitioner
- Develops emotional intelligence and deeper awareness for effective impact
- Focuses on increasing quality and gives ‘fresh eyes’ for new insights
Benefits for the coaching organisation
- Assimilates learning that can improve organisation-wide performance
- Addresses your organisation-wide systems, ensuring the organisational and individual interests are engaged with at a deeper level of development for wider impact
- Protects your investment in your coaches by ensuring their standards of accountability, ethical practice and boundary management
- Acts as a benchmark for quality
- Expands the coaching culture within an organisational context
- A choice of one-to-one or group supervision
- Supervision for independent coaching practitioners or ‘in-house’ coaches
- Training for coaching practitioners in supervision skills
- Supervision on three levels:
- Formative – developing capacity and expanding skills
- Normative – defining, developing and adhering to best practice
- Restorative – providing emotional support/intelligence
- Use of experiential learning
- A forum for thinking and being accountable
- Focus on sustaining and maintaining dynamic perspectives
Our supervision is focused on a generative framework for ongoing reflection, development and access to the emerging future of what’s possible. We respect and value people’s experiences and working knowledge and work with you in a ‘power with’ approach. In supervision you can attend to understanding better both the coachee and the wider system, and by so doing, transform their work and develop their use of ‘the self’ in coaching sessions.
Professional development for coaches
In addition to coaching supervision, we draw on our specialist skills, wealth of experience, extensive research and a wide range of resources, to provide you with professional development that is tailored to meet your needs as a coach.
To find out more, contact our offices directly, or email